You guys already know I’m a big fan of Avon, having the opportunity to try out their best beauty products. One thing I haven’t taken for a test drive in a long while is their eyeshadow, one of my favorite type of cosmetic. Today I had my chance, getting inspired by their True Color Eyeshadow Single in Midnight Sparkler. When I looked on the back of the small compact I saw the word “ombre” at the end of the product description and knew instantly I wanted that effect on my eyes. This color was the perfect place to start, a dark yet sparkly navy blue shade that has a soft finish. I scooped up two lighter blue shadows to complete the look, starting off dark at the lash line and lightening it up by the time you reach the brow bone. The Avon Super Shock Gel Eye Liner pencil in black was the perfect finish, giving a smooth, medium sized line along my upper lash line. It’s really easy to use and I can already see myself wearing this alone, creating a great cat eye! I also had a chance to use their lip crayon in Sweetly Pink. While the color gave me a subtlepink tint I found it to be a little drying, so that one was a bit of a letdown. Next time I’ll opt for a nude gloss.
- Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer
- Mally Beauty Cancellation Conditioning Concealer*
- CoverGirl Press Powder in Tawny
- With a pencil brush, I applied Midnight Sparkler* from the lash line to the middle of my eyelids.
- With my small, flat brush I applied the dark blue shadow from my CoverGirl Eye Enhancer’s Trio in Blazing Blues. I started from the middle of the lid and blended out over the crease.
- From that same palette, I swept the lightest blue shade from the creases to just below my eyebrow arches.
- Once all the shadows were on, I used my finger to carefully blend everything in.
- I lined my upper lash lines with the Avon Gel Eye Liner Pencil* and coated my lashes with Avon’s Super Extend Infinite Mascara*.
Avon Ultra Color Lip Crayon in Sweetly Pink*
I’m rocking my usual wash and go, using Organix Moroccan Argan Crème Shampoo and Tresemme Naturals Curl Hydration conditioner. I’m totally in love with both of these products and a review will be coming real soon. To cut down on drying time, I blasted my hair with blow dryer, gently tugging at my curls to stretch them a little bit. My hair is getting thicker and it’s taking more than a day to dry on it’s own. When I go to bed with wet hair, my curls get all limp and lazy so my ConAir has been getting a lot more play these days!
*FTC Disclosure: These products were received previously as free samples for review.