Ever since I stopped relaxing my hair 2 1/2 years ago, my goal was to grow my hair out as long and as big as possible. After a little experimentation, I finally have the big, fluffy hair I’ve always wanted (*doing my happy dance!). I love the fact that I can easily dress it up when I need to with nothing but a fancy scarf and super big earrings (and ya’ll know how I feel about earrings!)
This look is super easy to do and maintain, so I just had to share! Here’s what you’ll need:
- A leave in conditioner, like the Boosting Shine Leave in from Dr. Miracle’s Curl Care Line
- Moisturizing Oil (using good old Olive Oil will do the trick!)
- Heat Protectant, like Cantu Shea Butter’s Oil Sheen Spray
- Hair Cream, like Motion’s Define My Curl’s Creme
- A blow dryer
- 3 hair ties
- Satin Bonnet
All right ladies, here we go!
- Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair. Towel dry it really well to get rid of all the excess water.
- Apply your leave in conditioner, moisturizing oil, and heat protectant. No need to lay everything on really thick, just enough to cover your hair and keep it moisturized before drying.
- Divide your hair into four sections using your hair ties.
- Using medium heat, blow dry each section. The goal isn”t to get your curls bone straight, just as stretched and fluffy as possible.
- Now that our hair is dry, we need to give it a little definition! Section you hair again (medium sections this time ) and apply your hair cream. Then braid it up and when your done, throw on your satin bonnet.
- In the morning, unbraid each section and apply that hair cream again. Separate out those nice waves you have, fluff and go!
- For maintenance, repeat step 5 each night before bed. Doing that helped me maintain this hair for a week.
Your girl is loving this hair and I will be rocking it for awhile!